Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Love Story

On June 21, 1999 I married my best friend and the love of my life and it was, hands down, one of the best days EVER!!!

 

Our love story began in the spring of 1995 when my family started visiting New Union Baptist Church.  I met some amazing friends there and Kraig had my eye from the beginning.  Not only was he SO CUTE, but he had such a unique way about him that most teen guys did not.  He wasn't like anyone I'd ever met and I became quite smitten.  Fortunately, he became smitten as well and on June 21, 1995 he asked me to "go with him" (that was the boyfriend/girlfriend term "back in the day", lol).

We dated for the next four years, but it was evident to us both after just a couple years that we were meant to spend the rest of our lives together.  So, on July 23, 1998, we became engaged and on June 21, 1999, before hundreds of family and friends, we pledged forever.

I love you, Kraig!  Happy anniversary!!!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that the permed hair was what caught your eye!!!

    ReplyDelete