Thursday, September 27, 2012

Changing My Prayers

I enjoy reading Kelly's Korner Blog and she recently posted about changing her prayers for her children.  I loved what she had to say in this post and thought I'd share it on my blog as well.

I want so much for life to be "perfect" and for everything to always be so wonderful and great for these sweet faces...
but that really is not practical and deep down I know that.  We live in a fallen world and we are sinful people and life just cannot and will not be perfect. 

These adorable children of mine
will struggle and face hard days.  And God will use it to grow them. 

They will each have to learn to trust God in their own individual lives. 
As much as I want to protect them from the harshness of this world, I also don't want to stand in the way of God making them more like Him.

I want these precious little people to live a life dependent on God, and being dependent on Him ususally doesn't come from every circumstance being easy or pain free. 
 
  I do not want to shelter my kids so much that they think living a life of comfort and safety is the way to go.  I want them to be bold for Christ.  I want them to be brave and stand up for Him and live the life He's called them to!

1 comment:

  1. Madie is going to preschool now..they started chapel 2 weeks ago so she is learning more about Jesus.The other night when she was saying her bedtime prayers she said she wanted the angels to come get her so she could meet Jesus.

    ReplyDelete