Friday, June 15, 2012

Sticking with Tradition

The tradition of bouquet tossing at a wedding has the same historical background as does the garter toss, which I explained in my last post.  So interesting how these traditions come about!

And here I am following tradition so that the single girls in the background don't run me down for good luck and promises of fertility (Oh, did I forget to mention in my last post about the fertility?  Yes, apparently in medieval times, it was not only good luck to take home a piece of the bride's garment, but it was also a fertility charm.  Seriously, people??)


I would like to point out that I got married in the late 1990s...before digital cameras were all the rage.  And while I don't feel like I'm that old or have really been married for all that long, when it comes to technology, I am ancient and have been married for centuries ~ HA!  My wedding photographs were done by a wonderful photographer (Greg Green Photography in Manchester, TN) who used a camera with film in it...yes, film.  The fact that he captured this moment so beautifully without being able to check his screen afterward proves what a wonderful photographer he is!  (And it explains why there were not so many "photographers" in the late 1990s ;D )

No comments:

Post a Comment