Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas!  It's so true that as I get older, the time flies faster and faster.  I remember as a kid how it seemed like the year crept and crept until Christmas finally arrived and now as an adult, I don't think it could get here faster!!  As I've been thinking about Christmas and, yes, even stressing over minute and silly details, I've read several things that really bring me back to what matters and what the heart of the season truly is. 

It's all about Him.

It's all about Jesus.

He was born to save the world.

What better reason to celebrate could there possibly be???

I want so much for Christmas to mean something more than just presents to my children, but am I showing them??  Am I truly living "Jesus is the reason for the season?"

I've been a follower of Angie Smith's blog for a few years now and she writes some great stuff.  She wrote this post recently that really hit home with me.  I, like Angie, can often feel overwhelmed with choices...the simplest, tiniest choices...and it drives me crazy.  It makes me feel nuts sometimes.  This is the time of year that I think the choices can be overwhelming so I wanted to share her blog with you and hope you get encouragement out of it the way I did.

It really hits home with me because Taylor has only consistently said she wanted two things for Christmas...a pair of Stompeez slippers and a Lalaloopsy doll.  I got her a Lalaloopsy at Toys R Us (in the catalog she picked out the one with glasses and I was able to get that one for her!) and I ordered her the Be-Bop Bunny Stompeez, which are the ones she said she wanted.


Cute, right? :0)

Well, I ordered these suckers on November 23rd and they're still not here :( .  I wouldn't be as disappointed if she hadn't specifically said she wanted these...and if she hadn't continued to say it over and over and over again these last couple of weeks. 

"I really hope Santa brings the Stompeez I want."  "I really hope I get Stompeez for Christmas!"  "Mommy, do you think Santa will bring me Stompeez??"

*Sigh*

As I'm feeling anxious and disappointed about Taylor not having Stompeez under the tree tomorrow morning, I'm reminded that what is or is not under the tree shouldn't be the point!  The point is that my Savior was born and died on a cross so that I can accept His free gift of salvation.  And that should be enough.  Will I let it be enough?  Will I teach my children by my words and my actions that it's enough?


Will you??? 


MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment